Climate Change Innovation Program Grant (CCIP)
The CCIP grant was awarded to the Town of Preble in October, 2010 by Central New York Regional Planning and Development Board (CNYRPDB) and is sponsored by the EPA.
Preble Climate Change News and Highlights
The CCIP grant award is up to $30,000 with an equal match, proposed to be from NYSERDA. The pilot project that the Town of Preble chose is to retrofit a municipal building for energy efficiency. The grant awarded will renovate the Preble Town Hall.
The overall goal of the US EPA Climate Showcase Communities grant program is to create replicable models of community action that generate cost-effective and persistent greenhouse gas reductions while improving the environmental, economic, public health, or social conditions in a community. To:
- Improve energy performance in local government operations; and
- Remove barriers for greenhouse gas management and the reduction of vehicle miles traveled through the development of effective local government programs, policies, and outreach in the areas of land use, transportation, and community master planning.
The Town of Preble will:
- Follow the 5 Milestone Process established by the Cities for Climate Protection campaign administered by ICLEI-Local Governments for Sustainability. This requirement includes completion of a greenhouse gas inventory of local government operations by using ICLEI's Clean Air and Climate Protection (CACP) Software and completion of a Climate Action Plan. CNY RPDB will provide up to $1,000 for communities to join ICLEI and receive access to the CACP software.
- Adopt the Climate Smart Communities Pledge, a voluntary program administered by New York State Department of Environmental Conservation in partnership with local communities throughout the state. The CNY RPDB will help local communities to carry out the Pledge and implement local climate and energy efficiency measures.
- Become a Pledge Driver for the United States Environmental Protection Agency's "Change the World, Start with Energy Star" campaign. The CNY RPDB will assist local communities to develop outreach strategies to educate and motivate community members. We are given credit for each person who takes the pledge. Each pledge is valued and added to the Town of Preble's Community Outreach Goal. Take the Energy Star Pledge now!
An advisory committee is formed to develop a plan for Preble’s grant responsibilities, set Preble goals and time schedules and have oversight on the tasks that the plan includes. The Advisory Committee meets on the fourth Tuesday of each month at 1:00 pm at the Preble Fire Hall.
Lynn Webb, CCIP Advisory Committee Chairperson
Debbie Brock, CCIP program manager
YouTube Videos: Interviews
Preble CCIP grant application documents:
- Climate Change Innovation Program Grant Application
- Climate Change Innovation Program Grant Narrative
Central New York Regional Planning and Development Board (CNYRPDB)
for further CCIP grant details
CCIP Grant Program brochure